Saturday, December 29, 2012

My New Year's Resolutions for 2013!



It's that time again...time to make some New Year's resolutions.  I tend to be very cautious of making resolutions mostly because I tend to decide to do the impossible and make changes that are fueled by a place of vanity rather than a place of hope and love.  So this year...I'm going to simplify...try and make a few resolutions I can stick to with the help of those in my life.  This may be a short list but maybe that is what I need! Here's goes nothin'...

My 2013 New Year's Resoluations:

1.  Spread the Love!  I want to show and tell my husband and son more often that I love them.  I am so blessed to have my loving husband and wonderful son in my life.  The recent tragedies around the world have hit me hard this season and made me face this one personal question:  If today was my last day or the last day of someone I love, would they know how much I love them?  Would they know how much I think about them, wake up in the middle of the night and thank God for them, ache for them when I am not with them?  So I decided to let my actions and words speak the love and gratitude I want my loved ones to feel from me!

2. Invite God along for the ride more often!  I know this is a speech and language blog and what does God have to do with anything?  I know speaking of faith and love of God is not accepted in the mainstream these days.  But for me, I am who I am and do what I do because of my faith.  There is no separation for me.  With all of the things that have to get done daily, weekly, monthly, I easily loose sight of the big picture and sometimes forget that God is there with me.  He's always there but I forget to invite His presence into my experiences.  So I am hopefully going to remember to take a moment, sit in His presence and learn how to "live in the moment" WITH Him.

3.  Educate, Encourage, Inspire!  My hope is that I can continue to present information and materials that will help those who read this blog.  I'd like to think I could spread some zeal for the speech pathology field, some encouragement and confidence to parents who think they just can't do it on their own, and some materials that can be used to meet both of these goals.  But this resolution will not come to pass if I don't hear your thoughts.  Let me know what information you would like to read about.  Let me know what materials you are needing.  I will do my best to meet those needs or, in the very least, direct you to someone who can.

That's it!  3 simple resolutions!  None of them targeted on improving my outward appearance but all that could change my world the world of those I love for the better.

Do you make resolutions?  What are your plans to change your life this year?  I'd love to hear from you.

Happy Talking!

1 comment:

  1. Love this! :) Thanks for sharing. I need to make my resolutions too!

    Lauren
    Busy Bee Speech

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...